A strong employer brand can be a powerful business tool that can connect a company’s values, people strategy and HR policies to the corporate brand.
Your brand can either make or break your company. Do you know what your reputation is as an employer brand and what people are saying about your company in the marketplace? One way to determine what employees think of your business is by assessing the turnover of staff and conducting internal feedback. The higher the turnover of staff the lower the reputation of your company.
Employer Branding plays a critical role in the long term success of a company and in attracting and retaining talent.
What is an Employer Brand?
An Employer Brand is a company’s ability to differentiate itself from competitors through a unique Employee Value Proposition (EVP). A strong EVP will communicate the company values in a way that highlights what makes that workplace unique and attractive to individuals sharing the same values. As employer brands are based on intangible factors such as image, perception and identity, being able to determine what it is about a brand that creates an ‘Employer of Choice’ and the emotional attraction and a sense of connection with the company, can prove invaluable to employers.
Recruiting for top talent is highly competitive in today’s market and if high turnover of staff has been an issue for your company in the past, it is time to think about your employer brand.
Employer Branding Program
No matter whether you are a small business or large company, employer branding is essential.
If someone was to ask you right now describe your employer branding, what would you say? If you were unable to answer this question instantly and effectively, your company needs to undertake an Employer Branding Programme.
Indigo HR has developed an Employer Branding Programme bringing strategy, values and talent together to build high performance companies with great people.
- Understanding Business Objectives & Plan
- Conduct Employee Feedback
- Evaluate external sources
- Identify Talent Groups
- Develop an Employer Value Proposition
- Develop KPIs
- Implement and/or Analyse Employee Initiatives/Rewards Programmes
- How to Gain Employee Buy-in and Engagement
- Develop Talent Personas
- Creates Stories that Support the EVP
- Using the Right Channels and Social Media
- Career website
- Career company pages on Social Media
- Employee videos and photos
- Inbound Recruiting Methodologies
- Evaluation and ongoing follow up of Employer Branding strategies and goals
- Tangible measurement of ROI and KPIs
- Develop Action Plans based on findings